Monday, March 7, 2011

Survey Project- Jihoon park

Survey project

Jihoon Park

EAP1-C

I did survey about weight and stress. My hypothesis is exercise is in important in order to decrease stress and lose weight. I was wondering about stress’s effects and whether exercise could help to decrease stress and lose weight, especially for university students. So Azam and I did our survey at SIUC’s student center. We collected 25 surveys. People were very kind and answered very carefully.
I was interested that most Americans students did exercise to decrease stress and lose weight. They mostly did cardio, swim and jogging. I asked them why those exercises helped to decrease stress and lose weight. They answered to me that is because when they did those exercises, they could forget their worries and anxiety. Also, I predicted most Americans knew exercise could help to decrease stress and lose weight. But they didn’t do exercise; Because, I thought, they were too busy for do exercise. However, my results were different from my expectation. 80% of American students did exercise to decrease stress and lose weight. So I tried to do exercise. I wanted to make sure that exercises were really helpful. I went to the Recreation center and I did jogging for an hour. I learned from this that jogging was really hard so I didn’t think about my stress. After I finished exercise, I felt refreshed and cool. Thus, I learned exercise’s positive effects for my hypothesis.
After I finished the survey, I thought it would be good to study well-being exercise areas in the future. It would be a suggestion for people who have read this. My suggestions are to exercise regularly and that short exercise can help avoid stress. If you do exercise regularly, you will have good condition body and reduce your stress. Also, you don’t have stretching or stair climbs. It can help avoid stress. I could learn about my topic that that was exercise’s positive effects. Exercise is important in order to decrease stress and lose weight that would really help people. If I make a survey next time, I will add more questions for my hypothesis. In addition, I will make questions more clearly and more specifically. It will give good information about my hypothesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment